Problems patching a Server
CurrentlypatchingserversinrelationtoConflickervirus.IcannotpatchaparticularserverrunningWindowsServer2003SP2.Ihavemanuallypatchedthebox,re-booted,fromacmdpromptstoppedandre-startedupdates,re-installedWindowsUpdatesservices,checkedalltheservicesbutitkeepsgivingmeacode0x80240025.Anyhelp appreciatedSK
March 25th, 2009 5:11pm

Hi, This error can occur if Windows Update is disabled. Please do below: 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit and press Enter. 2. Locate to the following registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\WindowsUpdate 3. Double-click DisableWindowsUpdateAccess on the right pane and set its value as 0. Restart the computer and test the result. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2009 6:17am

Thanks Tim,but that still has not sorted the issue . The value was already 0. Any other ideas...?RgdsSK
March 26th, 2009 12:58pm

Hi, Have you fixed the virus issue? Please update your anti-virus program to the latest version and then perform a full virus scan. If viruses still exist, unexpected issues may occur. Therefore, please make sure all viruses are removed first. Please restart the computer and then check if DisableWindowsUpdateAccess will be changed to 1 automatically. If so, I am afraid that this issue can be caused by the domain group policy. In this case, you may contact your domain administrator to confirm if they block you to access Windows Update. Hope it helps. Tim Quan - MSFT
March 26th, 2009 2:20pm

Well Tim,sorry for the delay as I was off sick. I have ran the AV on the box and nothing. When I re-booted the DisableWindowsUpdateAccess value was 0. I have tried updating from the Microsoft Web site but i get the same error code again [Error number: 0x80240025] The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem. For self-help options: SK
April 1st, 2009 4:14pm

Hi, Now please check the following registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer On the right pane, is a registry key named NoWindowsUpdate exist? If so, please delete it or make sure its value is 0. Or you can do this: 1. Click start, click Run, type gpedit.msc and press Enter. 2. User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Start Menu and Taskbar 3. Double-click Remove links and access to Windows Update, choose Not Configured and click OK. 4. Restart the computer. Hope it helps. Tim Quan - MSFT
April 2nd, 2009 5:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics