Problems installing Windows 2008 server on Itanium
Hello, I downloaded from msdn subscriptor page the last release of Windows 2008 server for Itanium. I'm trying ti install it but i'm getting always the same error: "Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To Install Windows, restart the application". What can i do??? Thaks in advance
February 20th, 2008 4:58pm

Are you upgrading from a previous version of Windows, or performing a clean install?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 20th, 2008 6:06pm

Hello Aaron, Thanks for your interest, I'm performing a clean install.
February 21st, 2008 11:47am

Hi, The error message "Windows could not prepare the computer to boot into the next phase of installation. To Install Windows, restart the application" can be caused by several factors. Such as hardware driver, boot partition issue etc. I 'd suggest you contact the hardware manufacturer to confirm if hardware is compatible with Windows Server 2008 Itanium. If yes, please try the following: 1. Disable "driver signature enforcement" in the BIOS Advanced Boot option setting. Please note if there is not a option in the BIOS setting, pleaseupdate the BIOS and try again. 2. Lunch a clear setup of Windows Server 2008 with reformatting the partitions, especially boot partition. 3. Install the proper disk drivers at the beginning of setup. Have a nice try.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 21st, 2008 1:13pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics