Problems connecting to the internet after deleting a user profile
hello, I have an Acer aspire 5000 notebook on a Windows XP Operating System. About a month ago I deleted 4 user profiles (administrators), while still keeping one of the administrator accounts active. However, I'm sure I deleted a profile that was used to set up my computer. Now after deleting my profiles I am UNABLE to connect to the internet, and it also appears my computer has no MAC address. Would I have deleted a user profile containing valuable information required to connect to the internet? The computer doesn't recognize WIRED or WIRELESS. Is there anything I can do to reconnect to the internet using the account I have remaining, or do I need to restore all settings? Please help! Thank you!
November 25th, 2009 11:09am

Hi Troubled-windows,Thank you for posting in windows forums, can you please let us know the OS version you are using ??
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 25th, 2009 11:51am

Windows XP Home edition
November 26th, 2009 9:40pm

Hi, The problem is not clear, please try the steps below for troubleshooting: 1. Restart the computer, press F8 and choose Safe Mode with Network, could you access Internet? If so, please let us know the detailed symptom, a screenshot of the problem is very helpful to understand the problem. 2. If the problem doesnt occur in Safe Mode with Network, it may be caused by caused by software conflicts. Try to disable all third party software to test again. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 27th, 2009 10:43am

Hi Please follow mervyn's suggestion and if you still have problem , please do post your question in windows XP forum, for your convinience i am pasting the link below http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxpitpro
November 27th, 2009 3:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics