Problem with file rights
We have a problem with a folder that it is being stored on a server at our company. Users see that folder with mapping to their computers but in a subfolder there is one problem Even though the user has full rights to that subfolder when he tries to open a pdf file it doesn't do anything.The file won't open. If he use right click option it doesn't show copy/paste, properties. It shows less options. I'm not sure if i'm posting to the right place but i would be gratefull for some help. Thank you in advance, Angel
February 15th, 2013 3:38am

does it not open just for the user or also if you try to open it as a different user? does the file show the security tab when you check the properties? if not, id try a chkdsk/server restart.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 15th, 2013 4:30am

the user that created it can open it and copy...he has all the rights and if we check security at properties seems to be normal as all the other folders. so you thinks it is a disk problem? i don't know if it is the best solution to restart the server but i'll give a try when possible. Now everyone works on server so it's kind of difficult! thanks anyway. Any other solutions are welcome!
February 15th, 2013 5:00am

Solved!!! I can't believe those things!! The problem was because of the path!! It had to many characters. Thanks for your time anyway!!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 15th, 2013 5:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics