Problem with Isapi Filter
Hello All I'm having this problem with my Isapi filter.... i wrote my filter in my lab, and installed it on my Windows Server 2008 (serivce pack 2) Enterprise 32 bit OS and it worked perfectly now when I installed it on another computer with Windows Server 2008 serv. pack 2 Standard 32 bit OS and I got two errors: 2214 : The HTTP Filter DLL test_filter.dll failed to load. The data is the error. 2268 : Could not load all ISAPI filters for site WSLAYER. Therefore site startup aborted. I've read about the combination of the aforementioned events and most of them were resolved with adjusting 32 bit to 64 or something like that... now , for the record I must say that there are other filters installed on both servers and are ordered the same (as they appear on the IIS Manager): ASP.Net_4.0_64bit ASP.Net_4.0_32bit ASP.Net_2.0.50727.0 ASP.Net_2.0_for_V1.1 and my filter the configurations on both computers are the same. BUT, w3p3 appears on the task manager as a Network Service on my lab and no other w3p3 processes appear on my task manager even though the Manager has 4 written as already installed.(the ASP.NET ones). and on the other lab, before I install my filter on the other computer I can see 3 w3p3 processes on the task manager, each in a different application pool and when I install mine, one of them disappears.. ANYONE HELP :-) thanks
February 21st, 2012 4:44am

Hello Alon, I can think 2 things for you to check, a) have you registered the new isapi dll and all dependencies in the new server? and b) is the new dll in a pool of it's own or in the same application poll as the w3p3 process that disappears ? (this might indicate that the 2 of them don't play well together and that one or both of them are bringing the pool down [thus w3p3 disapearing]) ----------------- Best Regards, Marianok Disclaimer: While I do my best to make sure everything I post is accurate and safe, Im certainly not perfect so all this information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. Any suggested steps or code provided should be done under your own risk, I take no responsibilities if your system blows, the universe stops spinning, o nor for any other adverse consequence the information on this code might cause directly or indirectly.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 21st, 2012 5:15am

Hey Mariano I have no idea which dependencies are required...everything that i had on one Server, that worked, was on the installation folder with it on the server that wouldn't work...it has the dll file the configuration file which the code of the filter works with..just as they appear on the folder on the server where it worked... are u suggesting that I might need to open a new application pool (which so far I don't know what it does) and install my filter on the new pool? I used the same installer for both servers...thus I have no idea in what application pool the filter was installed in on any of them.....and I have no idea how to find it out.. is there a way in the UI to add the filter to a new(or an exisiting) pool? (I know how to open a new pool ) Thanks A LOT for you help :-)
February 21st, 2012 9:47am

HI, Well, I suggest that you look into the different application pools (I imagine that you do not have a large number of them, probably 3) and see where your filter is and the status (my hunch is that it would be stopped). If is running and if it's at all possible (depending on what else is in that pool) see if you can STOP the pool and check if any of those w3p3 process disappear (my hunch is NO). Then to restart the pool and see if there is a new w3p3 coming up. You can also try creating a new apppool and moving your filter there, and see if there is any difference. If all this fails ... I suggest that you ask in the IIS official forum http://forums.iis.net, those guys know IIS much better than I do :-) ----------------- Best Regards, Marianok Disclaimer: While I do my best to make sure everything I post is accurate and safe, Im certainly not perfect so all this information is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. Any suggested steps or code provided should be done under your own risk, I take no responsibilities if your system blows, the universe stops spinning, o nor for any other adverse consequence the information on this code might cause directly or indirectly.
February 21st, 2012 10:10am

ok.. the server has 8 websites....if i install the filter on 4 of them ...it works..but on the other 4 sites..it wouldn't for some reason ... also, I saw that some websites from the 4 ones that wouldnt work with my filter were on the same application pool with the (some of the)sites that would work with my filter...(the websites are indeed spread over 3-4 application pools (by the way I'm using iis7...I dont know how to see which application pool my filter is installed on...i guess it's the same one as the application pool of the server on which i installed it..however I dont see the number of application number of that pool increases by 1 after installation even though my filter is appearing in the filters list of that site...) THANKS AGAIN
February 23rd, 2012 3:14am

any updates?Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
March 5th, 2012 9:36pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics