Problem with IIS 7.5, SSRS 2005 SP1, W2008R2 SP1

Hello,

We have installed this setup:

- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.5000.00 (Intel X86)   Dec 10 2010 10:56:29   Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation  Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

- Windows Server 2008R2 Standard SP1 64-bit

- IIS 7.5

In IIS, the reportserver and reports use the Classic.net Application Pool. Our website reporting Toolkit uses the DefaultApp application pool. What we see is this:

- There is a high amount of w3wp.exe processes, about 10, and they are all like 50MB RAM usage, RAM is at 90%

- The localhost/reports website will load initially slow, it will take about 90 seconds, but that to me is normal after an IIS restart

- When I browse on the localhost/reports website after first initialisation, it goes fast, but if I have no activity for 1 minute (60 seconds), it will again take 90 seconds for it to load the next page

- The same is for the reports on our own website reporting toolkit, that we use reportviewer2008 for

- I have edited some parameters in the application pools, with no succes

- When I restart SSRS and IIS, the memory is released, and the first 5 minutes everything keeps working normal, but at a certain moment the w3wp.exe processes build up and it seems then again if I have no activity for 60 seconds, everything will get slow.

Please ask if you would need more information for giving me advise.

I have also tried created a subscription that runs every minute, to keep everything "alive" but that does not help.

Best Regards,

Joris

July 4th, 2013 4:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics