Problem with Hotel Wireless Authentication and Direct Access
I'm having an issue with Direct Access and wireless at hotels and restaurants were the user is unable to access the webpage to accept the T&Cs. When the user connects to the wireless connection, they receive the notification that additional steps are necessary, but when the open IE to accept the T&Cs, IE displays the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Outlook and OCS are functional, but the user is unable to browse the web. The affected computers are running Windows 7 SP1 fully patched as of 10/20 and our UAG/DA server is running UAG 2010 SP1 Update 1. Is anyone else seeing issues? I'm heading to a McD's at lunch for further testing.
October 26th, 2011 11:32am

Hi, Thanks for posting here. Will get same result when using wireless service form other provider ? Have you set any proxy entry on clients or maybe you are using ISA agent maybe? If we can’t access any internet web site with using the hotel wireless service , I think this should first consult with hotel support service and it seems has nothing to do with DA. We’d suggest also post to Forefront Edge Security forum if have any problem on using UAG direct access service: Forefront Edge Security – DirectAccess, UAG and IAG http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/forefrontedgeiag/threads Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 27th, 2011 2:37am

Hi, Thanks for posting here. We may acquire the detail introductions about this option form the link below: Automatic Proxy Detection http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fze2ytx2.aspx Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 27th, 2011 11:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics