Problem with Dashboard not working

Today my Dashboard in Windows Server 2012 Essentials stopped working. All other items in the Launchpad work as expected - Backup, Remote Web Access and Shared Folders. I can sign on to another machine and the Dashboard works fine. I can remote desktop in to the server and run the Dashboard from there and it works fine.

I can see the Launchpad icon on my task bar. When I click it, the Launchpad appears on the screen and I can see current informational items in the alert viewer.

What do I need to check to see why it is not working on my main desktop? I have uninstalled/reinstalled the connector software several times with no success. I am not seeing any on-screen error messages at all. I click on Dashboard and nothing happens.

Thanks.

Gene

January 16th, 2014 3:20am

Could you please send %programdata%\Microsoft\Windows Server\Logs\Dashboard.log to me check if there is any errors? My email: Pan.Chen@microsoft.com, thanks!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 16th, 2014 11:07am

All - I found this solution online that worked for me. I went to  c:\users\myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation.

In that directory, there are 2 subdirectories:

dashboardclient.exe_strongName_.........

Launchpad.exe_StrongName_.........

What I found told me to delete the dashboardclient.exe_strongName.......  file and that it would be re-created when I ran the Launchpad and selected Dashboard. Being cautious, I didnt delete it, I just renamed it. Sure enough, when I ran the Launchpad and selected Dashboard, the file was recreated AND the dashboard opened. I then deleted the renamed file and have opened/closed the Launchpad and Dashboard half a dozen times and it has worked every time, so it looks like everything is back in working order.

At this point, I dont know if the files on my machine were corrupted in some way (I would have thought that theyd have been removed/recreated when I uninstalled/installed the connector but I guess not) but all in now working.

• Marked as answer by Gene Estep 18 hours 51 minutes ago
January 16th, 2014 11:38am

Hi,

Im glad to hear that you have resolved the issue and thanks for sharing your solution in the forum. This will help others who face the same scenario resolve the issue quickly. If there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know. I will be very happy to help.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2014 4:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics