Problem with Access Anywhere on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentialls

I am having a bit of a problem when configuring Access Anywhere.

I made a clean install of the OS, set network info (IP address...), joined my domain, restarted my server, started the configuration for windows server essentials which correctly detected the domain and the configuration was successfull, then i created a user and then tried to set up access anywhere, but at the point when it asks for the domain name, I put it in and click "Next", then it searches a little while and tells me that it could not find it even tough my domain controller is up and running.

Did i miss a step or something, can anyone help?

September 1st, 2015 4:12pm

Hi:

Have you tried "your-domain-name\user-name" and password?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 8:02pm

Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that it could not find the domain name when configuring anywhere access.

>joined my domain, restarted my server, started the configuration for windows server essentials which correctly detected
Is newly installed Essentials Server the PDC of your current domain? As defined that Windows Server 2012 Essentials must be the domain controller at the root of the forest and domain, and must hold all the FSMO roles.

>but at the point when it asks for the domain name
Does this mean below screen

This domain name uniquely identifies your server on the Internet. If you have an existing domain name that you purchased from one of the supported domain name service providers(listed in the wizard), you can use the Set Up Your Domain Name Wizard to set up the domain name for your server. Detailed information you may reference:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj628152.aspx#BKMK_3

Besides, reference below link for detailed steps about configuration anywhere access:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/14153.windows-server-2012-essentials-router-setup.aspx

Best Regards,
Eve Wang
September 2nd, 2015 3:07am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics