Problem when looking at policy settings by AdminPack...
Hi all; Please look at the following figure: http://cid-3a822dbb941c4298.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/1.GIF I have a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP2 Domain Controller. I have installed AdminPack on Windows XP SP3 box to manage the Domain from the client computer. As you can see on the figure, instead of showing the name of the groups, it shows the SIDs. I have tested this situation in another domains with same result... Any idea? Please look at the policy. Instead of showing "Allow Logon Locally", it says "Logon Locally"!!! Thanks
December 26th, 2009 1:22pm

Hello,basically the SIDs reflect deleted accounts from the domain, which normally can be safely removed.You can try to use SIDtoName to see if they can be resolved:http://www.joeware.net/freetools/tools/sidtoname/index.htmBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 27th, 2009 10:05pm

Thanks for your reply; The problem is that these SIDes do not belong to Deleted accounts. These SIDs are: Server Operators, Account Operators and Print Operators groups... I tested this situation by using Remote Server Administration tools from Windows Vista and Windows 7 with the same result. And as I said before, I tested this situation in several production domains. Any idea? Thanks
December 27th, 2009 11:05pm

Hello,got you. Any chance that you use different languages on the machines where you configure the GPOs from?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
December 28th, 2009 12:34am

Thanks for your reply; No, the language of the both systems is English.
December 28th, 2009 7:12am

Hi, This is a normal behavior because the groups you mentioned are well-known built-in groups on domain controllers. When we add these groups to the security settings, they will be resolved to SID and stored in the GptTmpl.inf file as SID. As they only exist on domain controllers, the SID cannot be resolved back to account name when we check the security settings on a client domain workstation. Joson Zhou TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.comThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
December 29th, 2009 11:01am

Thanks for your reply; So this problem does not occur for Backup Operators, because the client has Backup Operators in its local groups list?
December 29th, 2009 11:30am

Yes, you are correct.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
December 30th, 2009 6:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics