Problem when joining a Windows 8, on a Domain with Windows Server 2008 R2

Dear all!

I`m having problems with my windows 8 pcs, when joining them on my work Domain. The domain has some dc that are Windows Server 2008 R2. Before joining the domain, the pcs with windows 8 were working fine. They do have alson Office 2013 installed on them. Each one of the pc, has its licence for both windows and office.

The problems occured when I joined my Domain. First of all, I`m having licence problems, I have the notification for not genuine and not activated. Even the office suit, is out of licence. Don`t know how, but now that I joined the domain, the office wont work anymore. I`m having also security issues, for example each time I want to start/stop a service, it shows an  Access Denied Error! The same thing happens even when I try to update anything.

Strange thing this, cause in my same domain, I have other windows OS like, windows 7 or windows xp that do work just fine, and have no problems.

I also, must say, that before 5 months I did a migration from SBS 2008 to Windows Server 2008 R2.

Is this something that causes my problem? Why this thing happens only with windows 8, and how come I`m expirencing licence problems while all the windows 8 pro installed are OEM? And what about the office 2013, that doesn`t work?

Waiting for your answers as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

July 2nd, 2013 9:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics