Problem to Log into Windows Server 2003 Standard R2
Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2. I applied an inplace repair because the computer was giving irratic problems. After the repair and trying to log in, I get the following error:"A problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the status of the license for this computer. To proceed, your copy of windows must be activated with microsoft. Do you want to activate Windows now?" When I click "Yes" the screen goes blank and nothing. Mouse moves but can't do anything else. Must press power switch to reboot. Computer will boot in safe mode. I tried the OOBETimer registry changes as per MS, but no luck. Any options besides a complete re-install?
April 8th, 2010 2:46pm

Hello, call Microsoft support for this, activation support is for free.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 8th, 2010 3:03pm

I was on Microsoft support and they sent me here because they wanted money. I am having the same issue. It's a continual loop between not being allowed to log on and I can't activate until windows opens. I can get on in safe mode, but am then told I can't activate in safe mode and have to go to Normal mode which won't let me log on.
December 21st, 2010 6:42pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics