Problem reporting tool Srv2K8Beta3 will not install !?
It appears not possible to install the Problem reporting tool for/under Server 2008 Beta3.Upon execution of the setup.exe file, which was downloaded, I get:'Microsoft Beta Client' pop-up window:'An error occurred while downloading a required file. You may retry downloading the file or cancel setup.';clicked 'Retry'.(... preparing to install ...) during a very short moment<No further visual feedback.> What is the matter, how do I proceed? N.B. I found a log file, created upon executing setup.exe: I:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSDE716.tmp Install.log: The following properties have been set:Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}Property: [VersionNT] = 6.0.1 {version}Running checks for package '.NET Framework 2.0', phase BuildListRunning external check with command line "I:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\1\VSDE716.tmp\dotnetfx\dotnetchk.exe"Process exited with code 1Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNetInstalled'Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer'Read string value '7.0.6001.16510'Setting value '7.0.6001.16510 {string}' for property 'IEVersion'The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 2.0':Property: [DotNetInstalled] = 1 {int}Property: [IEVersion] = 7.0.6001.16510 {string}Running checks for command 'dotnetfx\instmsia.exe'Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'VersionNT': trueResult of checks for command 'dotnetfx\instmsia.exe' is 'Bypass'Running checks for command 'dotnetfx\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'Version9x': falseResult of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.0.3': falseResult of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.0': trueResult of checks for command 'dotnetfx\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'Running checks for command 'dotnetfx\dotnetfx.exe'Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'DotNetInstalled' and value '0': trueResult of checks for command 'dotnetfx\dotnetfx.exe' is 'Bypass''.NET Framework 2.0' RunCheck result: No Install Needed(18-Sep-2007 10:15:54) Downloading 'Microsoft Beta Client.msi' from 'http://windowsbeta.microsoft.com/packages/Microsoft Beta Client.msi' to ''Download completed at 18-Sep-2007 10:15:57(18-Sep-2007 10:16:06) Downloading 'Microsoft Beta Client.msi' from 'http://windowsbeta.microsoft.com/packages/Microsoft Beta Client.msi' to ''Download completed at 18-Sep-2007 10:16:12WinVerifyTrust returned 0File trustedWinVerifyTrust returned 0File trustedWinVerifyTrust returned 0File trustedLaunching Application.Using MsiInstallProduct with package path 'http://windowsbeta.microsoft.com/packages/Microsoft Beta Client.msi' and command line ''MsiInstallProduct returned '2' -> not for this topic, but '[ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}' is wrong, though. It is a QuadCore Intel :-)
September 18th, 2007 2:37pm

Hello Sainath,Thanks for the reply -although after a very long time- (better late than never :-) ).And no, I don't need further assistance on this issue (wer'e now already running Srv2K8).I understood that I did not need to answer, when I don't need any further assistance, you can close this thread.I have though one question regarding this: I occasionallly saw this answer. Is there a setting on this forum where I can set a flag to send an email when a new post on one of my threads is posted? I could not find it ...Greetings, Eric.Srv2K8(R2)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 25th, 2009 12:01pm

hi there,glad to hear that you have resolved the issue, you can configure Alerts option when you post your a new thread so that who ever reply to your post , you will receive a notification.sainath windows driver development.
May 25th, 2009 6:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics