Problem publishing the default router in IPv6
Hi, I thiunk I have a pretty normal network setup: an IPv4-only DSL-router, an IPv4-only ISP, a Windows 2008R2 server, a Win7 client. I've setup an IPv6-tunnel on my server and also a /64-Subnet from tunnelbroker. I can work fine with ipv6 on the server. I also setup DHCP-server with an IPv6-scope an the server and the cklient gets an IPv6-address and the DNS-settings from the server. But I can't get the default router published to the client, the routing-table does not list a default route to the interface at the server. What do I have to do? This is the server: add route prefix=::/0 interface="IP6Tunnel" nexthop=2001:XX:YY:ZZ::1 publish=Ja add route prefix=2001:AA:BB:CC::/64 interface="LAN6" nexthop=:: publish=Ja add route prefix=2001:XX:YY:ZZ::/64 interface="IP6Tunnel" nexthop=:: publish=Ja set interface interface="IP6Tunnel" forwarding=enabled advertise=disabled nud=enabled routerdiscovery=enabled managedaddress=enabled advertisedefaultroute=enabled set interface interface="LAN6" forwarding=enabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled routerdiscovery=enabled managedaddress=enabled otherstateful=enabled advertisedefaultroute=enabled add address interface="IP6Tunnel" address=2001:XX:YY:ZZ::2 add address interface="LAN6" address=2001:AA:BB:CC::1 This is the client: set interface interface="WLAN" forwarding=disabled advertise=enabled nud=enabled outerdiscovery=disabled managedaddress=enabled otherstateful=disabled advertisedefaultroute=disabled All updates installed on both client and server.Jochen - www.tech-text.de
October 28th, 2010 6:55pm

Hi Hochen, Please take look the old thread below, it might help you to solve this issue: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverNIS/thread/4d3a4125-36f1-49b1-b00c-f2513752a508 Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 29th, 2010 10:11am

OK, it looks like the IPv6 confg on the client was screwed up. I did a netsh int ipv6 reset and then a netsh int ipv6 set interface interface="WLAN" managedaddress=enabled otherstateful=enabled now everything is woirking fine. Strange that the defaut gateway for Ipv6 is now IPv6-Routentabelle ================================================================== Aktive Routen: If Metrik Netzwerkziel Gateway 13 281 ::/0 fe80::c5fb:c62d:2098:6e3f the link local address of the server and not the public IPv6-address.Jochen - www.tech-text.de
November 2nd, 2010 10:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics