Problem passing net use password credentials using Server 2008
I am trying to connect to a file share on an AS/400 from Windows Server 2008. The problem is that I need to add the NET USE command to a batch file but I cannot get it to work. I am having a problem passing the password using the NET USE command on a Server 2008 system. I am trying to connect to a file share on an AS/400 running version 5.4 mod 5. I get the message System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied. I can successfully run the same command from other systems. We have another AS/400 that I also cannot establish a share to from this server. The Windows server has recently been built. The command that I have tried looks like this: net use \\myas400\myshare /user:myuser mypassword I have also tried... net use \\myas400\myshare mypassword /user:myuser All help is greatly appreciated.
September 29th, 2010 4:22pm

Hi, Did you specify the Domain name in net use command? Try "net use \\myas400\myshare mypassword /user:myas400\myuser", is there any progress? If not, could you access \\myas400 share from Windows Server 2008 directly? Try to run "gpedit.msc" (If Windows 2008 server is in Domain, you need configure Domain or OU GPO) on Windows 2008 system and change the following policy: [Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Network security: LAN Manager authentication level] Change it to "send LM & NTLM responses". What’s the result? If the issue still occur, try the following article to change SMB signing. Server Message Block communication between a client-side SMB component and a server-side SMB component is not completed if the SMB signing settings are mismatched in Group Policy or in the registry http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;916846 Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 5th, 2010 2:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics