Problem by NAT on windows server 2008
Hi All I have a question would you please help me? I have windows server 2008 by 2 NIC and I should connect to internet by using VPN connection.I want to configure NAT for sharing this internet on my private network. How can I do that?
August 2nd, 2011 1:52am

You will need to configure it so that the Internet connection is made by a demand-dial interface. You do not need to use the demand-dial option but the connection must be made from RRAS using a demand-dial interface. You can then use that interface as the public interface for NAT in RRAS. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd469686.aspx Bill
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 2nd, 2011 2:59am

Thanks Bill I created demand-dial interface and it is connected but the server is not connect to internet.I don't know why. Would you please tell me what is the problem? Thanks Mohsen
August 2nd, 2011 3:12am

How did you connect before? You have to do exactly the same things except through the demand dial interface. Once you can get an Inernet connection through the dd interface you can share the connection through RRAS.Bill
August 2nd, 2011 7:11pm

Thanks Bill I connected to the internet via VPN connection but I don't know what is wrong now. I created demand-dial interface like a VPN connection and it is connected but there is no internet. what can I do? Regards Mohsen
August 3rd, 2011 1:31am

Hi Mohsen, Thanks for posting here. > I created demand-dial interface and it is connected but the server is not connect to internet. Have to make sure the default gateway entry on you internal-facing NIC is empty. Otherwise please post the route table from server here when demand-dial is be connected. How to configure Network Address Translation in Windows Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816581 Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 3rd, 2011 5:13am

HI Tiger Thanks for responding. I have no internet on my server after connected demand dial interface. default gateway on my internal NIC is empty and IP is set to 192.168.0.1. server is connected to internet if I VPN connection for connect to internet. but it is not connect to internet after using demand dial interface and when it is connected. what do you think what is wrong? Regards Mohsen
August 3rd, 2011 7:09am

Hi Mohsen, Thanks for explanation. But could you post the router entries that I asked previously here which might probably help us to narrow down this issue more effectually. Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 4th, 2011 3:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics