Problem attaching to a Azure Files share

Hello all,

I have signed up for the preview, created a new Storage account, and created multiple containers. When I look in the old portal I see the preview URL listed, and in the new I see each container listed under shared resources. It all seems correct, but when I do the net use command it does not work..

I get back the error - System error 53, Network path not found.

The command looks correct from what I have seen online, but regardless of which container I try it fails with the same error.

" net use p: <a href="file://\\.file.core.windows.net\<container">\\<accountname>.file.core.windows.net\<container name> /u:<accountname> <key> "

The Os is is a Spanish language versin so it comes back like this..

Error de sistema 53.No se ha encontrado la ruta de acceso de la red.

ANy ideas out there ??

March 21st, 2015 9:33pm

Well the formatter for this frum butchered the net path, but it is double backslash followed by the URL listed in the new condole without the https://

I also forgot to mention that the shared reas work fine from Powershell.. I was able to crate them, crate folders, and upload and list files.. Even so, I cannot get at them with net USE from a VM rendering them useless to me...
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 21st, 2015 9:36pm

Hi,

Are you trying to mount a share from your local computer or from a VM in Azure? If you're trying to mount a share from your local computer, then I'm afraid it won't work. You can only mount a share from a VM running in Azure. Moreover the VM from where you're trying to mount must be in the same region as the storage account.

Regards,
Malar.

March 25th, 2015 8:11am

Hello Malar,

I was trying to mount from a VM, and I have confirmed that the VM and the storage account for the Shared resource are in the same Region (Brazil south).

Unfortunately I can't do any testing on it right now because my credit ran out..

Any other reasons you know of why this would not work in Brazil south ?

Thanks,

Dave

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 30th, 2015 8:08am

What is the powershell script that you are using to test that comes back successful? 

Did you enable the folder as a file share (step 3)  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazurestorage/archive/2014/05/12/introducing-microsoft-azure-file-service.aspx

March 30th, 2015 10:13pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics