Problem Start services the Task Scheduler in Windows Server 2003 R2
<!-- [if !mso]> <mce:style> <!-- [if gte mso 10]> <mce:style> I have checked all the possible solution to solve this issues. Following is what I have done. 1) Check Task Schedule services - The services has not been started. Remark : When I try to start the services it's always on Starting state. I already restarting the server and changed the startup type to Automatic but still doesn't work. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308558 2) Check Event Viewer log Remark: Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7022 Date: 11/05/2010 Time: 3:17:46 PM User: N/A Computer: ALPHA Description: The Task Scheduler service hung on starting. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp . 3) Check security policy. Remark: Server a exempted from "disable schedule task" policy. I believe task scheduler is not running because of this services not started. I also couldn't create a new schedule task with following error. "The new task could not be created. The specific error is: 0x80070005: Access is denied. Try using the Task page Browse button to locate the application." Please Advise. Ezzy
May 11th, 2010 1:23pm

Hi Ezzy, According to your description, I understand that your Task Scheduler service stuck in starting state. To resolve the issue, you can reinstall the Task Scheduler Service. Steps taken to resolve the issue: 1. Open command prompt and change directory to \%SystemRoot%\Tasks folder (Make sure the Task Scheduler service is set to manual) 2. Stop the Scheduler Service, Type in Attrib -h and delete SA.DAT and *.txt 3. Insert Window Server 2003 operation system CD. 4. Locate Mstask.inf file (\windows\inf) and right click and install. 5. This will install the Task Scheduler and then try to start the Service. Best regards, Wilson Jia This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please click "Mark as Answer" when you get the correct reply to your question.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 13th, 2010 10:41am

Perfect. Solved my issue of the Task Scheduler stuck in the "starting" state.
July 29th, 2010 11:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics