Printers disappear
I have a Windows 2003 Server SP2 running as a terminal server. Whenever the server is rebooted all printers disappear and I have to reinstall them.
June 22nd, 2009 5:17pm

1)check your spooler service it may be crashing after a reboot. If this is the case you might have to restart the spooler service it will auto generate all the printers again.2)In order for users to be able to print on a Terminal Server, users will need Read, Write, Execute, and List Folder Contents access to the print spooler's directory, %SystemRoot%\System32\Spool . Even though these are not the default settings for windows server 2003 out of the box, these settings have beena terminal service best practice since the beginning of Terminal Services. 3) Verify RDP Listener Configuration for Client Printer Use With the Terminal Services Configuration tool, you can configure the client printer options for all users that use a particular connection. In the client settingstab section of the connection properties, make sure that the Windows printer mappingand LPT port mappingboxes are not checked in the Disable the followingsection. Obviously, checking either one of these boxes will prevent client printers from being mapped. Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2009 5:24pm

Hi I Agree With Syed .. Check The Print Spooler Service and also Check The recovery TAB For The Print Spooler Service ... IT Must Be: - First Failure : Restart The Service. - Second Failure : Restart The Service. - Subsequent Failure : Restart The Service. In Addition You Have To Know What's Stop The Spooler Service (In Some Cases Viruses Do So). Thankx
June 22nd, 2009 5:33pm

hi there, did you had a chance to go through syed's suggestion ?sainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2009 11:53am

hi, Did you had a chance to work on the issue ?, if so please update us or if you need further help on the issue please do let us know and we will resume troubleshooting on the issue sainath !analyze
August 1st, 2009 7:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics