Printer Device Status Page Error on IPP site
I have print services on Windows Server 2012 Datacenter. When I go to the IPP site and click on a printer that has a Device Status link under the View section, I receive an error,"Device Status Page Error...We are unable to generate the device status page for the selected printer. Please contact your system administrator for more information". This happens on all our printers that has a Device Status link. And the printers are different models and some are type 3 and type 4. I have tried accessing the ipp page on Server 2012 and Windows 7 and it still gives the same errors.
December 6th, 2013 12:03am

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 9th, 2013 6:05am

Thanks for the post. I'll steer Shaon .
December 10th, 2013 9:28am

Does this error also occur when access a printer using Windows build-in driver? Such as Microsoft XPS Document Writer?
December 10th, 2013 10:04am

The feature is only available when a Standard TCP/IP Port is used to communicate with the device.  This will exclude any local and Virtual printers.
December 10th, 2013 9:42pm

Yes it occurs when using built in printers that Microsoft already has showing in their driver listing. So it doesn't matter if it is a Type 3 or Type 4 driver. I end up putting a ticket into Microsoft. And they are aware of the issue and are planning to come up with a hotfix for it but that it could take several months.
December 16th, 2013 9:09pm

Are there any updates on this? I have the exact same problem...
February 19th, 2014 4:17pm

If you can create a support request that would be the best place to start.  I don't see any traction on a QFE request.

tiffdoaa:  did you have a service request number?  I can steer the support person to the proper group.

February 19th, 2014 7:45pm

I haven't received an update from Microsoft since my last post in December in regards to this issue. I sent an email today to support again checking the status. I will post on the forum as soon as I here back from them.
February 19th, 2014 9:23pm

Give me a name and I can push them in the right direction.  Or give them mine. 
February 19th, 2014 10:10pm

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your information. Tiffany is the customer that worked with me months ago, and we have already added the case number around 2013/12/13 to the bug .

Thanks,

Susie

February 20th, 2014 6:18am

Can a case be created for Murberget, Lnsmuseet Vsternorrland ?

Since I do not work in support, I do not know the process.

February 20th, 2014 7:09pm

Murberget, Lnsmuseet Vsternorrland:

Someone asked what companies are hitting this issue.  Can you reveal your company name? 

thanks

February 25th, 2014 10:16pm

Hello, is there anything new in this?

Ore a hotfix?

March 5th, 2015 9:44am

Microsoft never got back with me about a hotfix for this issue. I am still having the problem. I went ahead and emailed Microsoft again to see if they created a hotfix for this problem. I will post their response when they email me back.  

March 5th, 2015 10:19am

The fix for this was added to Windows 10 but there has to be enough customer push to back port the changes to a previous OS release.

I do not work for MS any longer despite how I am associated in this forum so I no longer have a view into the where any thing has progressed in the sustained engineering team.

March 5th, 2015 11:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics