Print Server Help
Hello, i have a working print server (2008R2) that is a virtual server on a host (2012R2). The host server has about 5 virtual servers on it and everything works fine. One day however i noticed that if the host server gets rebooted (for maintenance or whatever) once it comes back up and all the VM's are back up the printer will not connect until i reboot just the the print server. Ive tried putting that vm on a delayed start but that doesnt seem to help either.

I can not for the life of me figure out why when the host is powered off that ill need to re-reboot the print server. Does anyone have any ideas?
August 24th, 2015 10:11am

Some material evidence is needed. What about logs? Is this new or "old" phenomenon?

What parameters are in Hyper-V settings?

It seems you are not alone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/529243be-85be-4ddc-89d1-231352a8f813/vms-have-no-network-connectivity-after-reboot?forum=winserverhyperv

Regards

Milos

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 10:37am

This is fairly new, only noticed it about a month and a half ago when i was doing some patching. Previously it was fine.

The hyper-v settings for that server are; memory 4096, virtual processors 4, automatic start with 180 second delay

The above article sounds similar but i don't think its the same as i do have network connection since i can remote to the print server.

August 24th, 2015 10:52am

What state is the printer in? Does the printer use a WSD Port? If not WSD what is the Port type?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 12:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics