Pricing List for Sql Server 2012 Enterprise

Hi Everybody,

Please let me know the pricing for Microsoft Sql Server 2012-Enterprise Edition

or send me the link where we can the pricing list of it.

Thanks

Ra

July 31st, 2013 12:29am

You can download SQL2012_Licensing_Datasheet_USA_Dec2011.pdf from  http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/sqlserver/future-editions/sql2012-licensing.aspx
July 31st, 2013 12:36am

Hi Pradeep/Srinivasan,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have one small question regarding the encryption capabilities of Sql Server 2012 - Standard Edition.

If my laptop is been lost/stolen which has a connection details to the sql server 2012 running on the server. Does the data is visible to other person, if they want.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2013 12:47am

If Connection configuration file is not protected, then anyone can see the logon credentials.  As for as I Know, SQL has TDE encryption which will encrypt data, not configuration files.

July 31st, 2013 12:51am

Hi Srinivasan,

I have gone through the link regarding the TDE encryption. 

If there is any offline database in the client system as well. Does this applies?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb934049.aspx

The reason, i am asking is Microsoft BCM is using a Sql Server Database. BCM provides an offline database while we are travelling and then we can sync with the main database after reaching.

Meanwhile if the laptop or hard drive is stolen, does this offline database is also ENCRYPTED or not.

Please let me know. THanks

July 31st, 2013 1:09am

If the database is off line then it will not be accessible, so TDE will only work when database is on line but TDE enabled database is off line then data will be encrypted. 

July 31st, 2013 1:21am

What is the maximum limit of each database on sql server 2012 enterprise edition?
July 31st, 2013 1:27am

Hi Srinivasan,

I have gone through the link regarding the TDE encryption. 

If there is any offline database in the client system as well. Does this applies?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb934049.aspx

The reason, i am asking is Microsoft BCM is using a Sql Server Database. BCM provides an offline database while we are travelling and then we can sync with the main database after reaching.

Meanwhile if the laptop or hard drive is stolen, does this offline database is also ENCRYPTED or not.

Please let me know. THanks

July 31st, 2013 1:49am

Thanks Srinivasan!

What is the size of each database on Sql Server 2012 - Enterprise edition.

is there any limit?

Thanks

July 31st, 2013 2:14am

Express Edition is the only edition that imposes a hard limit to database size (currently 10GB).  In all other editions, there is no imposed max database size.

For future topics/questions, please start a new thread so that people can help answer the questions and others can more easily find the answers later.

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

July 31st, 2013 2:58am

Sure Sam,

Thanks for your answer!

July 31st, 2013 4:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics