Powershell get installed applications and print with hostname

Hello,

I'm new to powershell and I'm trying to write a script that gets installed apps from registry (32 and 64) and print them with hostname:

$hostname = Read-Host "Enter WK name:"
cls
Invoke-Command -cn $hostname -ScriptBlock {
    Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* |  Select-Object DisplayName,DisplayVersion,InstallDate | ft
    }
    Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* |  Select-Object DisplayName,DisplayVersion,InstallDate | ft -HideTableHeaders
    }

I can't print the machine name because it's not present on the registry key, I've tried using the code bellow but no success:

@{label="MachineName";Expression={$hostname}}

Can you guys help me?

July 21st, 2015 6:53am

Select @{N='MachineName';E={$env:ComputerName}}, ....

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 21st, 2015 7:13am

Forgot to mention that in the future the script will read from a Machine list and that's why I need a column with its name, after that I will load the data in a Excel file.
July 21st, 2015 7:13am

This makes more sense and is much faster:

Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* 
    Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* 
} |
 Select-Object PsComputerName,DisplayName, DisplayVersion, InstallDate

July 21st, 2015 7:26am

Forgot to mention that in the future the script will read from a Machine list and that's why I need a column with its name, after that I will load the data in a Excel file.

$computers |%{
    Invoke-Command -cn $_ -ScriptBlock {
        Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* 
        Get-ItemProperty HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\* 
    } |
    Select-Object PsComputerName,DisplayName, DisplayVersion, InstallDate |
    Export-Csv software.csv

July 21st, 2015 8:02am

Really thank you sir, sorry for the delay on this one!

This answers was better for me, PSComputerName was returning empty values!

Thanks again!

August 14th, 2015 2:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics