Powerpivot crashes - MSVCR100.dll / Excel 2010 32 bit / Windows 7 64 bit / Powerpivot 32 bit

Hi everyone,

I've been going thru numerous posts in order to find my answer, but to no luck. I am new to powerpivot, I've seen it work at my friend's computer, and now I'm trying to master it myself.

However, when following the Contoso tutorial from Microsoft, it crashes as soon as I connect to the access database

The error message I get is as follows:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:  APPCRASH

Application Name:    EXCEL.EXE

Application Version: 14.0.7153.5000

Application Timestamp:       5581e16e

Fault Module Name:   MSVCR100.dll

Fault Module Version:        10.0.40219.325

Fault Module Timestamp:      4df2be1e

Exception Code:      40000015

Exception Offset:    0008d6fd

OS Version:  6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID:   1043

Additional information about the problem:

LCID: 1033

skulcid:     1033

I have been searching for help with the MSVCR100.dll driver, reinstalled the powerpivot...but nothing helped so far. I hope anyone here can offer me some advice. It would be much appreciated!

August 20th, 2015 11:51am

Hi Rick601,

According to your description, you are experiencing the issue when connect to the access database in PowerPivot data model, right?

Based on my research, this is a common error for a variety of applications. It also reveals this is a common underlying library. The issue is not related to PowerPivot itself. It relate to MSVCR100.dll.

Msvcr100.dll - dll file called "Microsoft C Runtime Library" is a part of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 program developed by Microsoft Corporation.               

Some applications or games may need this file to work properly. If msvcr100.dll is missing, whenever you start the application/game you may experience various kinds of errors.

To fix those errors, you can try to repair MSVCR100.dll and check is this issue is persists or not. For the details about how to repair MSVCR100.dll, please refer to the link below.
http://fix4dll.com/msvcr100_dll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mTHfWqUWnE

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 10:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics