Power View Report Refresh

Dear All,

I need to share my Power View report to my domain users saving xls file on a network share.

I configured the SQL permission fro grant everyone to read all database data (the excel file is connected to an on premise SQL Server to retrieve data), but every time some one try to refresh data to view updated information, they get the following error message:

We couldn't refresh the connection 'sqlserver.domain.loc ReportsBi Report'. Here's the error message we got:

Exception of type 'Microsoft.Office.PowerPivot.BackEnd.ExcelException' was thrown.

Any idea to fix my problem?

Thanks in advance,

Marco

June 29th, 2015 10:20am

Hi Marco,

According to your description, the users are experiencing the error when refresh the PowerView report, right?

In your scenario, some users can refresh the report without any problems, and others occur this error. So we can conclude that the settings on this report workbooks is correct. The issue can be related to the users themselves. Please ensure that the PowerPivot add-in was installed success. Besides, you can specific a account when create the PowerView report.

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 7th, 2015 11:25pm

Hi Charlie,

thanks for your reply but no one is able to refresh data from within excel workbook. 

Furthermore, I checked the log on credentials of my Power View report and they are fine configured.

Any other suggestion, please?

Thanks,

Marco

July 8th, 2015 3:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics