Power Button Action Only seeing Log Off
Power Button Action Only seeing Log Off , i cannot see shut down, switch user ,hibernate ,,, and second question how do i restore everything to default?
August 22nd, 2011 12:00am

This is by design and optimal setting. Do not tease the dragon :-) Primary logoff avoids unwanted shutdown by clicking this button. To hibernate server is not a real option, I would say it is nonsense.(In W 7 there is a possibility to set different functionality. In W2K8R2 is the change of "logoff" inactive and grayed.)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 22nd, 2011 8:34am

Hi, Please clarify your concerns. Where did you check the “Power button action”? Via right clicking on the Start button and clicking on Properties? When you said “i cannot see shut down, switch user ,hibernate”, do you mean the option is greyed out? What is the OS version of your computer? Do you have the following policy enabled: User Configuration\Administrative Templates\ Start Menu and Taskbar\Change Start Menu power button Please check whether you have enabled the policy and choose “Log off”. If so, user will not able to change the “Power button action” via Start button then Properties. Also, please note that if you set the action to Sleep or Hibernate, and the state is not supported, the button will fall back to Shut Down. Thanks. NinaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
August 25th, 2011 4:43am

run the RSOP.MSC,You will come to know if there is any GPO behild that.Best regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin
August 25th, 2011 7:30am

Check GPO
August 25th, 2011 9:38am

Hello, is that machine a VM, then you will not see all options, that's by design. Additional check the GPO setting as mentioned from Nina Liu Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
August 25th, 2011 3:42pm

SOrry I been busy..I figure it out..i think I need another account a guest or so to get the option on default..thank you for your replies
September 4th, 2011 3:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics