PowerPoint for Excel 2010 fails with error 'Unable to load the VertiPaq engine because there was a COM exception while loading'

PowerPivot for Excel 2010 throws this error whenever I click the PowerPivot window icon:

Unable to load the VertiPaq engine because there was a COM exception....

============================
Error Message:

Could not load file or assembly 'msmgdsrv, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
----------------------------
The type initializer for 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.BackEnd.DAXServices' threw an exception.

Call Stack:

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.InProcServer.LoadSafeSandboxAfterConnection(String errorCache)
----------------------------
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.InProcServer.LoadSafeSandboxAfterConnection(String errorCache)
   at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.XLHost.Addin.InProcServer.LoadOLEDBConnection(Boolean raiseCompleteEvent, String errorCache)

Environment:

Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
Office 2010 Standard SP2  32 bit 14.0.7015.1000
PowerPivot for Excel 32 bit 11.1.3129.0
MS .NET Famework 4.5.1 
MS Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64) 11.1.3129.0

SQL Server is NOT installed.

I tried re-installing/repairing PowerPivot, Office and MSVS Tools for office to no avail.

I tried all the potential solutions that I could find online without success.

I would appreciate any and all assistance.

Thanks, 

Richard Levine
CheckPoint Software Solutions

July 29th, 2014 10:43am

Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Excel, I'll move your question to the Power Pivot forum

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=sqlkjpowerpivotforexcel

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 30th, 2014 2:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics