PowerPivot installation for sharepoint 2010 & SQL 2008 R2 Errors

We're launching SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup to install PowerPivot and during the installation at the installation Rules step it fails on InstallFeatureSpecificRules: SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup Configuration checks for rules group 'InstallFeatureSpecificRules' and we get the following errors:

InstallFeatureSpecificRules: SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup configuration checks for rules group 'InstallFeatureSpecificRules' 

ASSPIExistingFarmRequiresMoss14FarmCheck  Checks for membership in a SharePoint Server 2010 farm. Failed This option can only be used on a server that already belongs to a SharePoint Server 2010 farm.

(This this a member of the farm)  

ASSPINoExistingIMBICheck Checks for an existing instance of SQL Server PowerPivot for SharePoint. You can have only one instance of PowerPivot for SharePoint on a computer. Failed PowerPivot for SharePoint is already installed on this computer. You cannot install a second instance.
(We have never installed PowerPivot on this server. I've checked via Central Administration to see if PowerPivot is installed and nonthng)

ASSPISharePointPlatformSupportedCheck Checks whether SharePoint supports current .Net Framework version. Failed SharePoint configuration does not  support .Net Framework 4.0. To ensure that SQL Server Setup uses .Net Framework 3.5, go to Control Panel, select Programs and Features, select Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup, and click Repair. Re-run Setup to install PowerPivot for SharePoint.
(I don't know about this error because sharepoint is working fine and it runs of .Net 3.5)

ASSPIUserIsFarmAdminCheck Checks whether the user running Setup is also a SharePoint farm administrator. Failed The user is not a farm administrator.
(The user we are remoted in with is the sharepoint fram adinistrator)

Please assist so we can put this to bed did know it be this hard to install powerpivot everything I read made it sound simple.. I feel the pain!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!

• Edited by Bharat64 Tuesday, October 15, 2013 4:02 PM
October 15th, 2013 3:59pm

We're launching SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup to install PowerPivot and during the installation at the installation Rules step it fails on InstallFeatureSpecificRules: SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup Configuration checks for rules group 'InstallFeatureSpecificRules' and we get the following errors:

InstallFeatureSpecificRules: SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup configuration checks for rules group 'InstallFeatureSpecificRules' 

ASSPIExistingFarmRequiresMoss14FarmCheck  Checks for membership in a SharePoint Server 2010 farm. Failed This option can only be used on a server that already belongs to a SharePoint Server 2010 farm.

(This this a member of the farm)  

ASSPINoExistingIMBICheck Checks for an existing instance of SQL Server PowerPivot for SharePoint. You can have only one instance of PowerPivot for SharePoint on a computer. Failed PowerPivot for SharePoint is already installed on this computer. You cannot install a second instance.
(We have never installed PowerPivot on this server. I've checked via Central Administration to see if PowerPivot is installed and nonthng)

ASSPISharePointPlatformSupportedCheck Checks whether SharePoint supports current .Net Framework version. Failed SharePoint configuration does not  support .Net Framework 4.0. To ensure that SQL Server Setup uses .Net Framework 3.5, go to Control Panel, select Programs and Features, select Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Setup, and click Repair. Re-run Setup to install PowerPivot for SharePoint.
(I don't know about this error because sharepoint is working fine and it runs of .Net 3.5)

ASSPIUserIsFarmAdminCheck Checks whether the user running Setup is also a SharePoint farm administrator. Failed The user is not a farm administrator.
(The user we are remoted in with is the sharepoint fram adinistrator)

Please assist so we can put this to bed did know it be this hard to install powerpivot everything I read made it sound simple.. I feel the pain!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 15th, 2013 6:26pm

Hi Bharat64,

I'm not familar with your SQL Server and SharePoint environmnt, but I think we need to pull our thoughts together. Firstly, please take a look at the hardware and software requirements (PowerPivot for SharePoint):
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210640(v=sql.105).aspx

If we want to install PowerPivot for SharePoint on a new SharePoint Server, please refer to the following article:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210708(v=sql.105).aspx

If we want to install PowerPivot for SharePoint on an existing SharePoint Server, please refer to the following article:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210616(v=sql.105).aspx
Note: Please look carefully the prerequisites before configure PowerPivot for SharePoint.

Regards,

October 17th, 2013 1:53am

We are trying to install PowerPivot on an existing sharepoint 2010 server or farm. Listed above are errors we are getting. Thank you for any help you can provide. I believe to top parts of my questions may have been deleted. Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 21st, 2013 7:15pm

Hello there,

I have the same problem. Do you find any solution?

August 31st, 2015 2:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics