PowerBI Query Row Restrictions

Hi,

Is there any restrictions in the number of rows that will be returned when doing a query in PowerBI? I have a query which should return over 1 million rows but the in PowerBI I only seem to get around 57000.

Cheers

Paul

September 2nd, 2015 7:44am

when you say query do you mean when you first load in data because I regularly demo 2-4 million rows of source data when showing this off at events.  What Power BI does do is limit the preview of what is in that data set so you can type the columns and refine the data but you can select more.  However from a design point of view you'll likely have a good spread of sample data to understand it.

I maybe stating the obvious here but I assume you won't want your end users pulling back data like that otherwise you might as well give them excel with powerpivot in.

If you are in the UK come along to our data culture series on 23rd Sep in London and we'll discuss

Data Science Officer Fryer 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 8:26am

I don't need users to see the entire contents of the data my query returns. My problem is that my query should pull data sales data for the past 5 years which is then used to create a table showing the year and net sales for that year. At the minute it's just giving me a selection of the 2015/2016 data.
September 2nd, 2015 8:44am

Hi Runnerpaul,

According to your description, you are trying to import 1 million rows to Power BI, the issue is that you only get around 57000 rows, so you need to know if there are any restrictions when using Power BI query, right?

When using Power query, there are some limitations which you can refer to the link below to see the details.
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Power-Query-specifications-and-limits-5fb2807c-1b16-4257-aa5b-6793f051a9f4

Besides, which data source are you used to import data to Power BI? We can get data from Excel, Power BI Desktop, and CSV files into Power BI. In your scenario, please ensure that the steps to import data are correct, please refer to the link below to see the details about import data into Power BI.
https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/597003-get-data-from-excel-power-bi-desktop-and-csv-fil

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2015 2:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics