Potential Problems with Installing Service Pack 1 to Windows Server 2008 r2
Hello all, It's not really a problem as such, just a general question. Has any experienced any issues when applying Server Pack 1 to a domain controller in a cluster? We've got 6 DCs in total and I was unsure if there would be any problems with syncing back with the rest once the server had restarted - mainly to do with being on a different version. I was planning on installing Sp1, one DC at a time from a stand-alone installer. This way seemed easier to manage (compared to doing all 6 at once) and slightly quicker (I don't have to waste time with Windows Update downloading as well as applying). Any thoughts appreciated, anecdotal or otherwise. (Apologies if this question isn't being asked in the right area)
June 26th, 2012 8:43am

Hi, There is no issues in installing SP1 on Domain Controllers. You can install SP1 one by one on them, there will be no replication issues.Thanks and Regards, Mukesh. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2012 8:47am

Hello, no problem in installing them. Just assure to have an up to date backup incase something fails, but this should already exist.Best regards Meinolf Weber MVP, MCP, MCTS Microsoft MVP - Directory Services My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/ Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
June 26th, 2012 9:05am

Agree with other, there won't be issues when installing SP1.Miya Yao TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 27th, 2012 2:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics