Post install problem. Changes to the state or options of DB SUSDB can't be made at this time. DB Is in single-user mode.

Hi,

Have you ever come across this problem before.

Changes to the state or options of DB SUSDB can't be made at this time. DB Is in single-user mode and a user is currently connected to it.

It's preventing the post WSUS installation task from completing.

I opted to use the WID Database option and it created the SUSDB.

How can I resolve it?

Thanks  

November 29th, 2013 6:08pm

this sounds similar to some issues that occurred when KB2720211 was first release (the update does put the DB into single-user mode, to perform some tasks, then switches it back into multi-user mode. sometimes, that switch-back was not performed, and the DB was left in single-user mode).

You can refer to this thread, the steps are buried in there.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/531d576b-eeaf-40dc-9057-b3adbde6186f/kb2720211-debacle-is-this-acceptable-microsoft-quality?forum=winserverwsus

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 30th, 2013 6:57am

Hi Don,

I gave up and installed the WSUS DB into SQL. MS recommend that if you are running a SQL Server then you may as well put it in there.

I've not had an issue with this before. I'm currently using Server 2012 R2 and WSUS 4.0.

MS also say that the WID is ok for a standalone machine and that it can support up to 7000 machines.

I will come back to the problem if I need to use the WSUS DB in the WID. But, I'm going to rely on using SQL for now.

Thanks

November 30th, 2013 1:36pm

I solve the issue on this way:

Download and install:
Microsoft Command Line Utilties 11 for SQL Server
Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL server

Windows Server 2012R2:
Open Command Prompt with Adminstrator Rights
sqlcmd -S np:\\.\pipe\MICROSOFT##WID\tsql\query
alter database susdb
set multi_user
go

or

Windows Server 2008R2:
sqlcmd -S np:\\.\pipe\MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE\sql\query
alter database susdb
set multi_user
go

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 18th, 2015 1:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics