Possible to show a single point, e.g orderdate in a Databar?

Hi guys.

I am toying around with a

horizontal Databar. It seems intent on "filling up" to the point I use in value (a date).

I have formatted the horizontal max and min to be dates. I can also get the Databar to display a Diamond matching the "orderdate" I used for values. But somehow, it fills the rest from "0" to that date with a solid bar.

- is it not possible to make a Databar display a single point??? I just want to show the diamond in this screenshot, not the blue bar.

February 12th, 2015 5:03pm

Hi KibMetier ,

Based on my understanding, you are creating a data bar. Now, you only want to display a single point on the top of a bar, right?

In Reporting Services, when creating the data bar, the color for the bar is automatic. Generally, it always displays blue bar. So in your scenario, if you doesnt want to display the blue bar, you can change the value of Color as White or No Color. When previewing the report, the bar will be hidden. Please refer to our test results:

1. The same scenario as yours.

2. Go to Chart Series Properties pane, change the value of Color as White. Then preview the report.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 15th, 2015 12:04pm

Thanks. Sometimes the solution is so simple that you do not think of it :-)

btw - how did you get the dates next to the diamond point? I tried in the chart properties to set tooltip to my date - but got nothing.

February 16th, 2015 4:17am

Hi KibMetier,

If you want to show dates within the data bar, you can enable the Show Data Labels option like below:

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 16th, 2015 4:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics