Possible to merge group header cells that are used as toggles to expand/contract detail?

I have a report with 3 groups, and a toggle on the first cell in the group header, and group totals on that line also. So it renders as:

- Group 1                                                 G1Total  G1Total  G1Total
               - Group 2                                  G2Total  G2Total  G2Total
                              - Group 3                   G3Total  G3Total  G3Total
                                                     Detail  DAmt     DAmt     DAmt
I would like to save some space and render more like
- Group 1                    G1Total  G1Total  G1Total
   - Group 2            G2Total  G2Total  G2Total
      - Group 3         G3Total  G3Total  G3Total
                Detail       DAmt     DAmt     DAmt
I haven't been able to find a way to have the first group cells overlap each other. Is there a way to do that and am I missing something obvious?

• Edited by Stoonad Saturday, September 05, 2015 12:28 PM
September 5th, 2015 12:23pm

Hi Stoonad, 

According to your description, you want to reduce the white space in the tablix, right? 

In Reporting Services, we can use toggle to expand/collapse the records at the group level. In our local environment, we have tested this scenario and the report works properly. In you scenario, does each row group in the separate column? If so, you can put the three groups in a column, the result is like below:  

For your requirement, you can add a out-side group row above the sub row to drag the corresponding field into it, and delete the row group(delete columns only). 

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask. 

Regards,
Shrek Li

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 6th, 2015 11:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics