Possible IE7 and XP PRO SP3 Incompatibility Issues
I receive the following message:"Internet Explorer cannot download (site) from the site's (download page). Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.We use Windows XP Pro SP3 and have IE7. This error comes up on some not all sites. The types of files differ such .ini and even .pdf when users try to get their requested files. All other access to other areas of the sites are not a problem. This is not an issue with Firefox but we are not authorized to use that except for specialpurposes. We will only go to that when DoD approves. Notsure what else to do. Any assistance in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Gary...
July 28th, 2008 4:22pm

Hi, Lets try the following steps to reset IE: 1. Click Start, please type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search bar and press Enter to open the Internet options window. 2. Switch to the Advanced tab. 3. Click the Reset Internet Explorer Settings button. 4. Click Reset to confirm the operation. 5. Click Close when the resetting process finished. 6. Uncheck Enable third-party browser extensions option in the Settings box. 7. Click Apply, click OK. If the issue persists, please understand that we mainly discuss Windows Server issues in this forum. As your issue is related to Windows XP, I suggest discussing it in our Windows XP Service Pack 3 forum. Windows XP Service Pack 3 forum: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=2010&SiteID=17 I hope your issue can be resolved soon. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 29th, 2008 9:11am

Tim, Thanks, it's the same after the reset and unchecking the appropriate 3rd party block. I will try over in the XP PRO SP3 forum. Gary...
July 29th, 2008 4:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics