Ports required from Client to Windows CA
Hi I am having windows root CA installed on one of member server.This server and Clients netwrok are on different subnet: for getting client certificates, i have opened 135 port from client netwrok to CA but getting error in certificate installation "RPC server is unavailable" After doing some research, i found that certificates works on Dcom traffic.Does it mean to open dynamic ports between client netwrok to CA network ? Moreover, if i need to open few dynamic ports like 25000-25100 in between, can i bind these ports to CA server by editing registry key ? If yes, do i need to find other servers also like DC or the number of client for getting certificate from CA server. Any suggestions please....... Regards, Ankur
January 19th, 2011 12:22pm

Remove the firewall from between the clients and the CA <G>. If you really need to get through a firewall, you need to restrict the CA response to a single port. With the Windows CA, you either restrict to a single port (returned by the query to TCP 135), or you have to open 1024-65534. Here is a wiki post by Kurt Hudson that describes what you need to do: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/how-to-set-a-static-dcom-port-for-ad-cs.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0 Brian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 19th, 2011 5:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics