Porting App to Nano - missing DLLs

I'm test porting an existing C application (win32, x64, console) to TP3 Nano to assess the API compatibility rework effort.   I haven't yet found a Nano app development discussion thread regarding how to wrestle with the missing DLL issues with the Nano platform builds so I'll start it here in the main Nano forum.

Rafaat's simple cpp example (Nano Development Tools and Experience document) show the basic project settings and that works great - Thanks Rafaat!

I copied the example Nano project settings into my existing VS15 Community C/C++ Win32 application project properties and then successfully built a executable of my app that should be compatible with the Nano platform.

The built executable runs fine on WS16 TP3 GUI.  However, when I attempt to load (via remote debugger scenario on Nano machine) I get list of DLLs loaded, and an immediate exit with message "a dependent DLL was not found".  Nothing was flagged during the build regarding Nano incompatible API usage.

Looking at my application DLL dependency list (using dumpbin) I see references to ~10 API-MS-CORE-*.DLL files.  The files seem to be present on the Nano boot (VHD) in several folders but the app loader apparently isn't looking in those folders. 

Questions:

- Is there some setup on the Nano OS instance required to register the right set of DLLs and/or list in VS15 Link path properties

- Should I be explicitly linking with the new Win10 API MinCore.lib or MinCore_Downlevel.lib in addition to the Libs listed in Rafaat's example?

September 1st, 2015 7:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics