Portal dashboard: Wrong value of network in and out

The data for the network in and out for our Azure VM seems odd. 1 Hour graph shows a flat line of 4.43MB in, and 2.63MB out.   24 Hour graph shows a flat line of 49.54MB in and 29.68MB out.   7 day graph shows a flat line of 778MB in, and 356MB out.  I guarantee I am not sending/receiving this much data in a constant stream.  My disk utilization and billing proves it.   It seems like the graph is totaling some data instead of showing actual usage.  Anyone else notice this?  It would be nice to see when network is actually spiking - as it is now it is useless.  Thanks!

July 21st, 2015 12:45pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting here!

I understand that the graph is not showing the actual usage data for your Azure VM. Looks like the portal is showing an orphan data or may be not refreshing.

Are you using Management Portal  or Preview Portal ?

Sometimes it could be a browser issue. Could you delete cache, cookies and browsing history and try. Also try with a different browser.

You may try few simple steps :

1) Sign out from within the portal and signin and check
2) Go to Settings > discard modifications and check

3) If using IE, check what happens in Inprivate Browsing

4) Disable Anti-Virus / Anti Malware programs and try

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 22nd, 2015 1:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics