Populate Remote Desktop Services settings to all users
We are using RDS to publish an application for our users to access, so that we can move off of Citrix. Users are able to access the application only (they are not presented a desktop), and work within it, but we have run into a hitch. After running an inquiry to locate customer information the users are able to single left click to select a text information field. For example, the customer phone number. When users are doing this the selection is unreadable, because the text is black and the highlight color is a very dark blue. I have been able to alter the Selected Item color to a light grey, and this makes the selection readable. But, only for my login id. Users cannot make the change, as they only access the application, not a desktop. How do I populate this setting to all users? I have not been able to locate a group policy to do so, and prefer not to hack the registry, if possible. Thanks.
March 28th, 2012 4:48pm

My guess is that you will have to make that setting in the default's profile of your TS and let all profile to re-create. (backup the profile of all users, and erase them correctly by system->advanced setting->user profile) (A dirty way to do it will be to track down what registry's key is changed when you change the option, and make a reg import of that file in a login script for that TS for the time until all user atleast loged once. (you will have to change the default's profile in all cases)) MCP | MCTS 70-236: Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 28th, 2012 11:05pm

I will try the default profile suggestion. While the registry entry is an option. Like you said, it is a dirty way to accomplish the goal, and we try not to do registry work on our servers, if it can be avoided.
March 29th, 2012 8:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics