Pool creation issues

Hi,

Accroding to the error message "Remote Desktop Virtualization Host failed to set zeroconfig information from the virtual machine", it originally occurres on the template VM and wouldn't allow the creation of the VDI pool. Maybe it is due to the VM created from the new image is not in the correct status. You can check the status of the VM and make sure it is running.

Best regards,

Susie

February 12th, 2015 3:13am

Environment:

• 2 RD Web Access servers 2012 R2
  • 2 RD Connection Brokers 2012 R2 (who are also RD Licensing servers)
  • 6 RD Virtualization Hosts 2012 R2

When creating a new pool from a newly created master image (sysprep done), I am getting a bunch of the same error message on the RD Virtualization Host and after around two hours the creation of the pool fails with message:

"Failed: The virtual machine is not ready for the virtual machine-based desktop deployment."

The error messages on the RDVH all say:

Source: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-TSV-VmHostAgent

Remote Desktop Virtualization Host failed to set zeroconfig information from the virtual machine [vm-name]

Hresult: 0x800706D9

Creating a new pool from an old master image works fine.

Can someone clarify the meaning of this error please?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 12th, 2015 4:34am

Hi Susie,

Thanks for your answer

I don't understand what you mean by "make sure it is running". When creating a pool, the VDI template must be in shutdown state and not running by my knowledge.

The VDI template itself is in working order, then it is sysprepped and shut down (sysprep.exe /generlaize /oobe /shutdown). I assume this is the correct way to make a machine ready for use as a VDI template.

Kind regards,

Steven.

February 12th, 2015 5:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics