Permissions gone awry after forest to forest trust
Hi, I have recently implmemented a forest to forest trust between two companies. Both forests were at the 2003 forest and domain functional level. In forest A the DC's are 2003 on Forest B the dc's are 2008 R2. Ever since the trust was put in place I have been having a problem with list all the folders of certain shares and when logging on the DC as a domain admin I can see those folders on the drive. however, when accessing the drive I receive the prompt "You do not currently have access to this folder, click here to continue". When i do this it puts my account in as a permission (even though the domain admin group is all ready in there albeit nested). I have turned off UAC on the file server and I am still having this issue. I don't know why it has happened now after setting up the forest trust, it was fine before. Can someone explain to me whats going on and how to help fix it? many thanks, Paul
December 14th, 2010 7:52am

to which users is granted the user right of "bypass traverse checking" in both domain ?Edoardo Benussi - Microsoft MVP Management Infrastructure - Systems Administration https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Profile/Benussi Windows Server Italian Forum Moderator edo[at]mvps[dot]org
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 14th, 2010 8:44am

Hi, I would like to confirm that how did you disable UAC, via Control Panel or Group Policy? If you disable UAC via Control Panel, please make sure that you have the slider moved to the Never notify position. If you disable UAC via Group Policy, please be ensure that the policies are configured correctly. For more information, please refer to the following Microsoft TechNet article: UAC Group Policy Settings and Registry Key Settings http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd835564(WS.10).aspx If it does not work, I also would like to suggest you check the Sharing and NTFS permissions. Let’s try to create a new sharing folder for testing. 1. Create a new folder, right click on this folder and click “Properties”. 2. Click the “Security” tab and “Edit” button. 3. Click “Add” button, type “Everyone” and click “Check Name” and “OK” button. 4. Highlight “Everyone”, check “Full Control” for “Allow” and click “OK”. 5. Click “Sharing” tab and “Advanced Sharing” button. 6. Check “Share this folder” box, click “Permissions” button. 7. If “Everyone” is listed, please highlight it and check “Full Control” for “Allow” 8. If “Everyone” is not listed, please click “Add” button, type “Everyone” and click “Check Name” and “OK” button. 9. After that, please repeat the Step 7. Does it work normally? If it works, please compare the permissions between these two sharing folders. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 16th, 2010 2:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics