Performance issues with IIS7
I've got a base install of IIS7 on a Windows 2008 Ent virtual build (vanilla) and this one, and one or two others that I've set up have this delay of about 5-10 seconds whenever I request my test document (static page with one word). If I make the request and then reload it subsequently it is fine....but if I wait about 3 minutes and reload it again it takes about 5-10 seconds again (as if something is shutting down after about 3 minutes and needs to start back up). Oddly enough if I RDP to the box and load the page locally (localhost) it's just fine. This made me wonder if it was a virtual networking issue....but then I set up a Win2k3 R2 server on the same host, installed IIS6, and it responds just fine.I'm not an expert with IIS, and new to IIS7....is there something I need to tweak? thanks!-Jess GoodwinPortland State University
February 17th, 2009 2:42am

Hi, As this issue is related to IIS, I suggest discussing it in our IIS forum. They are the best resource to troubleshoot this issue. http://forums.iis.net/ I hope your issue can be resolved soon. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 17th, 2009 4:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics