Performance Issue
Hi all!! and after all, sorry for my english!!! We have a memory problem, that I don't know how to solve. We have a Windows Server 2008 Enterprise with 8 cores and 32Gb of RAM. We assign 20GB to SQL Server, an there is 12 GB free for OS. Basically the problem is that Windows Server is out of memory. For example statistics (we have to restart the server to get it normal again): Total Memory 32GB Used for SQL Server 20GB Cached memory 10GB What means that, the OS use this memory??? Free Memory 512MB !!!!!!!!! I don't know what means Cached Memory for Windows Server, but when we get out of memory the performace of the server is very bad. I ask here becouse, I thinks there would be someone who got the same problem, but i will ask in a windows server forum too. Thanks for all!!! and sorry for my english
April 10th, 2011 11:53am

Hi, The following blog could be helpful to troubleshoot http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ntdebugging/archive/2007/11/27/too-much-cache.aspx Hope it helps.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 12th, 2011 4:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics