Password Recovery-Server 2003 Standard R2
My company purchased a server from an associated organization. I am just now getting around to setting it up and now the company we purchased it from has no idea what the password it. Is there any way of getting around this or recovering the password. The articles that I have read all have to do with creating a recovery disc when first installing the OS, if that was done we have no knowledge of it. I want to do a fresh install but I do not think I can without knowing the password that has this server locked down. If anyone could lend some useful information that would be most appreciated.
January 30th, 2012 6:22pm

If you are talking about the password for the Administrator account in Windows, then you don't need that to perform a fresh installation of Windows. If you need to get logged onto the existing installation of Windows, you can recover that password (see http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ for more info). If you don't need any of the data and don't need to get logged onto the existing Windows installation, then just proceed to install Windows and clear out the existing installation/data/partitions. Brian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 30th, 2012 7:22pm

Hi dawnfyre1976, Thanks for posting here. If you want to reinstall the server, please follow the below steps to do it. Steps: ====================== 1. Insert the official DVD installation media 2. Restart the server (press the power button long time to restart) 3. Access to BIOS, change to start up order for CD-ROM Drive first 4. Then reinstall the OS (we can format the hard drive before the new install) Hope it helps. Best Regards, AidenAiden Cao TechNet Community Support
February 1st, 2012 12:10am

Hi dawnfyre1976, Thanks for posting here. If you want to reinstall the server, please follow the below steps to do it. Steps: ====================== 1. Insert the official DVD installation media 2. Restart the server (press the power button long time to restart) 3. Access to BIOS, change to start up order for CD-ROM Drive first 4. Then reinstall the OS (we can format the hard drive before the new install) Hope it helps. Best Regards, AidenAiden Cao TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 1st, 2012 8:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics