Passing more then one parameter from URL to other report

Hi,

I am trying to pass more then one parameter from URL , Below is my URL

="javascript:void(window.showModalDialog('http://in-mh-co-dt0030/ReportServer_SQLSERVER2012TAB/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fTest%2fProduct_WiseV1.0&rs:Command=Render&Lob="+Fields!Line_of_Business.Value+"&Year="+Sum(Fields!Year_list.Value, "Year_Param_DS")+"', ''))" 

Lob parameter is in the same dataset , But Year parameter is from different Dataset(Year_Param_DS).

But If I am passing second parameter (Year) like Sum(Fields!Year_list.Value, "Year_Param_DS") i am not able to open the popup.

If i am removing the sum word Main report is giving an error that "Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current dataset scope or, if inside an aggregate, the specified dataset scope."

Please suggest me the syntax (I am working using MDX query) to pass two parameter through url, one from same dataset and 2nd is from another dataset.

Or it is not possible to pass the value field from other Dataset in URL (Go to URL option).

Thanks in advance.

May 25th, 2015 8:04am

Hi Sandeep-WT,

According to your description, you want to pass total values from a different dataset to render the target report in a go to URL action. But when you click the action, it doesnt display popup, right?

In your scenario, you could specify the URL like below to pass sum value from different dataset:
="javascript:void(window.showModalDialog('http://<Server Name>/ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fReport+Project7%2fCopy+of+parameters&key="&sum(Fields!key.Value,"DataSet2") &"','_blank'))"

The action can work to open a new dialog. However, when click the action to open a popup, the target report wont be filtered by total value automatically, you should select parameter values manually to filter target report. As we tested in our environment, it cant pass the value with sum() function in the action to filter target report.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 26th, 2015 1:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics