Passing $data/recipients/to/address/addres s$ to Command Channel Fails

I create a Command Notification channel in SCOM 2012 R2 like this and when I use my script to echo the parameter $data/recipients/to/address/address$ out to a text file, I see 'address' not the phone number.

You can configured the channel with a command channel or the address for the other types.

Is there such a thing as $data/recipients/to/address/name$ or $data/recipients/to/address/displayname$ to get to the other columns in the device table from which the subscriber addresses are listed.

There are three columns, Name, Channel Type, and Delivery Address.  All I can apparently return is the Delivery Address which defaults to a value.  Even with a valid phone number in the Name field, I cannot seem to access it.

Daren Daigle

January 13th, 2015 9:58pm

Hi Daren,

As far as I know,  string $Data/Recipients/To/Address/Address$ is the name of the recipient, and I haven't ever seen $data/recipients/to/address/name$.

If you are looking for using command channel for notification, please refer to the link below:

How to Configure Command Notification in SCOM 2012 with PowerShell script.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/fesiro/archive/2012/11/26/how-to-configure-command-notification-in-scom-2012-with-powershell-script.aspx

Command Line Parameters for SCOM Command Notification Channel

http://blog.tyang.org/2012/01/29/command-line-parameters-for-scom-command-notification-channel/

Regards,

Yan Li

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 15th, 2015 10:05am

I saw both of those before I posted but if you click the link I provided, you will see that what I want to do is create a command channel I may reuse by passing addresses to it.

Much like you would use to page or text someone but using a non modem-like sms gateway.

Everything that I have seen except that link talks about making a command channel that is hard-coded with everything it needs.  Not much use in having a subscriber if you cannot use it.

Daren Daigle

January 15th, 2015 3:20pm

Hi Daren,

I understand that you did not get the expected output by following the blog which guides you how to pass phone number or address to it. Based on my understanding, you just got address, while not the phone number you configured before. Please correct me if theres any misunderstanding.

If so, I suspect that there might be some configuration issue when you created the command channel. Could you reproduce this issue and capture some screenshots to show us the configuration of your command channel? Including the notification command channel configuration, and the notification device wizard, besides, the output of the corresponding message. 

If not, I also hope you can post some screenshots to describe your issue more clearly.

thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Yan Li

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 28th, 2015 10:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics