Parent node showing in schema when child nodes not present

I had several folks answer my questions on mapping from a flat file to an EDI 835 schema and I am down to just a couple of issues before I finish up. I have a conditional mapping issue that I have to solve before I can map the rest of the document. I am mapping three fields in a single non-repeating line in the flat file to a repeating segment in the 835. Basically I need to create a separate AMT_ClaimSupplementalInformation segment for each field in the flat file line. As you can see in the picture below I want to create a AMT_ClaimSupplementalInformation segment for CDISCOUNT, CINELIGIBLE and CALLOWED.

You can see I have quite a bit of conditional logic attached to the three fields, but I have all three connected via a loop to the AMT_ClaimSupplementalInformation parent. I cannot attach the loop to the parent of the three fields because it only appears once in the file. And if I leave the loop out the AMT segments get stacked funny, like this:
<AMT_ClaimSupplementalInformation>
AMT1
AMT1
AMT2
AMT2
</AMT_ClaimSupplementalInformation>
You can see how they should be stacked in the next pic.
In some cases however, one of those fields may be blank so I will not need to create a AMT_ClaimSupplementalInformation segment for it. I was able to use some conditional mapping ideas you guys gave me using the Not-Equal and Value Mapping functoids, and that works great to keep blank child nodes from being created. However, Since I have a loop attached to the AMT_ClaimSupplementalInformation parent node it still creates an empty parent node even when the child nodes are not created. See the empty parent node in the pic below.

Since looping functoids can only be attached to links I don't know how to make the parent node conditional.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• Edited by gcooper 7 hours 16 minutes ago
January 18th, 2014 11:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics