Parameters Drop down selection not showing in the report

Hi aLL

I created a re port using the Report builder. The report runs fine. I want to create a parameter on the report. I created a new dataset with the query "select distinct dept from table" . Then i created a new parameter to get the values from the second dataset. After running the reports when i selected 2 departemnts, its still showing all the records. Is there something  that i need to do.please need advice

August 31st, 2015 2:57pm

You need to pass the parameter to your report query.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 31st, 2015 3:02pm

Hi saivenkat77,

Based on my understanding, you have created a report parameter, when you select two values from the parameter drop-down list, the report will display all records, instead of filtering the report based on selected values, right?

In your scenario, the issue can be caused by that the dataset query doesn't contain the report parameter, or there is no filter condition reference to the parameter. Since you have created a multivalued parameter, you can add a filter to dataset reference to the parameter with In operator. Or you can modify the main dataset query, add a where clause to filter records based on parameter.

Reference:
Parameters (Report Builder 3.0 and SSRS)
SQL Server Reporting Services Using Multi-value Parameters
If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

September 1st, 2015 2:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics