Paged pool
Hi all we have 2008 server storage. with 6gb of ram. all time paged pool use 3gb of ram (that rammap said) so i do windbg debugger and said that my paged pool max is 134 gb !!!!!! i want to decrease that to 1gb max. is do PooluUsageMaximum on registry to 5% but nothing change!! do you have an idea Why ? and how i can solve my problem. tks advance
June 20th, 2012 3:05am

Hello, ---so i do windbg debugger and said that my paged pool max is 134 gb !!!!!! ---i want to decrease that to 1gb max. is do PooluUsageMaximum on registry to 5% but nothing change!! I doubt it. The paged pool size in 64-bit versions of Windows Server 2008 is simply set the maximum to 128GB according to the below article. Memory Management - Understanding Pool Resources http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2007/03/07/memory-management-understanding-pool-resources.aspx If you set the PoolUsageMaximum value to 5, it informs the Memory Manager to start the trimming process at 5 percent of PagedPoolMax. It does not affect the max page pool size. Thanks Zhang
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2012 3:09am

I found Why. it's because my raid card have no anought memory and poor disk performance. when i do copy disk to disk memory increase again and agina while copy is not end to correct it i reinstall my server on raid 10 and now everythings works good. server use 1.7gb of 6gb ram.
June 25th, 2012 3:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics