Package location when running the Data Import/Export wizard

Greetings!

Where is a package visible when running the Data Import/Export wizard, choosing to save a package, and choosing "SQL Server" as the location? When I make an SSIS connection in Management Studio I do not see the package under the "MSDB" node.

Than

April 23rd, 2015 6:57pm

how are you querying it??

this is should give you the list 

select * from msdb.dbo.sysssispackages

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 23rd, 2015 7:11pm

Where is a package visible when running the Data Import/Export wizard, choosing to save a package, and choosing "SQL Server" as the location? When I make an SSIS connection in Management Studio I do not see the package under the "MSDB"

April 24th, 2015 2:42am

They are actually stored on MSDB, you can verify it by below query

SELECT *
FROM msdb.dbo.sysssispackages

or you can call that package via SSDT/BIDS

1) Open the BDIS

2) Right click SSIS packages under the Solution Explorer

3) Select the option "Add Exisitng Package"

4) You will get a pop up asking the package location

5) Select SSIS Package Store for the first drop down

6) Enter your Server details

7) Click on the Button on the right hand side of the Package Path and this will list all the packages stored on that server both in the File system as well as the msdb. I feel in your case it ought to be in msdb

8) You can select and add it to your BDIS and make changes and reuse it again

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 24th, 2015 2:51am

Hi George,

When we specify SQL Server option as Save SSIS Package selection and specify a Target SQL Server name, the package would be stored in MSDB database in that instance.

We can run the query post by Stan210 or connect to the Integration Services to see the package in that instance. For more details, please see:

1. In SSMS Object Explorer, click on "Connect" and choose Integration Services
  2. Enter the server name where you saved the package and click the Connect button
  3. Expand Stored Packages
  4. Expand MSDB

Please note that we cannot open a package for editing in SSMS. We can open it in Business Intelligence Development Studio or SQL Server Data Tools with SSIS Designer.

Thanks,
Katherine Xiong

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

April 27th, 2015 2:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics