Package failed after changing password in shared data source

Hi,

I'm using a shared data source to connect an Oracle server in my packages.  After changing the database user password in the shared data source, I noticed the package concerned would fail with the following description.

Source: "OraOLEDB"  Hresult: 0x80004005  Description: "ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied".

Is there a way to ensure the packages will use the latest information in the shared data source?  I did do a Rebuild before executing the packages.

Thanks.

June 19th, 2015 11:47am

• Create an ssis config file that captures your credentials for your connection string.
  • save the package without your credentials (don't use EncryptSensitiveWithUserKey - choose dontsavesensitive).
  • run the package in agent, have agent point to the xml file with your saved credentials.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 19th, 2015 12:55pm

Hi VIMD,

I see that Katherine Xiong had marked your suggestion as the answer.

If I capture my credentials for the connection string in the SSIS config file, can they be encrypted?

Thanks.

June 29th, 2015 3:22pm

If I capture my credentials for the connection string in the SSIS config file, can they be encrypted?

Thanks.

No, we can  protect the file doing a folder lock on the parent folder or use SQL Server as your configuration type.  In this case, all the configuration item are stored in the table of SQL Server and you could use access control like DENY from SQL Server to protect the sensitive data.

Thanks,

July 3rd, 2015 4:07am

Hi Katherine,

Thanks.  It would be great if SSIS could provide an option to selectively encrypt and decrypt variable values in a config file.

July 4th, 2015 1:18am

Hi Jude,

If you have concern about this feature, it is my pleasure to help you to reflect your recommendation to the proper department for their consideration. Please feel free to submit your situation on our product to the following link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

Thanks,
Katherine Xiong
July 5th, 2015 9:34pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics